Belonging Takes Work: Develop True Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Belonging doesn’t happen automatically. It takes intentionally and a surefire strategy. Being the only Latina in many newsrooms and now as an entrepreneur, Mariana understands what is needed to create a more diverse and inclusive culture in top corporate environments. She’s combined her insights with scientific research to design a 7-step formula to promote authenticity, productivity and belonging in your organization. The results have prompted companies like LinkedIn, Deloitte, Ford, and YouTube to bring her onboard to lead multiple diversity speeches, conferences, awards and seminars.
Corporate Storytelling for Community Building
How do you build a healthy corporate culture and community when everyone is doing remote or hybrid work? In this keynote, you will learn to effectively use storytelling as an engagement strategy – at the individual, collective and management level. Being a viral Tedx speaker, podcast host and bestselling author, Mariana has received top level storytelling training to create well-told stories that build community. She will share her insights to motivate employees to create a brand / message memorable enough to leave a legacy.
Leadership: Take CONTROL to Lead & Succeed
How to be an effective leader and bring the best out of your team, considering the challenges we face? Using the latest data and her interviews with top business minds, Mariana will share her 3UP Method for managers and employees to turn the current uncertainty and migration of talent into a unique leadership opportunity. In this session attendees will learn to preach optimism (because no one wants to follow a pessimistic leader) and specific ‘action items’ to reclaim their power, lessen their fear of failure and the imposter syndrome. This session will leave your attendees empowered to meet the moment.
Corporate Content Creation
Let’s face it, we are all saturated with information. With the rise of the attention economy, you need to find new solutions to communicate with your employees, shareholders and public.
Given Mariana’s television and production background as a journalist, influencer, and content creator for national networks like NBC and a social media community of over 500,000 on all platforms, she’s able to create bite-sized corporate content to reach your audiences where they are. This will take the traditional keynote beyond an in-person or virtual event and transform it into easily digestible, and evergreen, digital products that create connectivity and community.
This can take the form of snackable videos that can comprise a digital series for your company website, streaming or outlets like YouTube; a corporate podcast; or a social media activation/package, including platforms like TikTok, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, that exalts brand awareness and company efforts. Topics can range from DEI, technology, financial services, sustainability, manufacturing, healthcare, retail industries, automotive, etc.
Mariana has been pioneering in this area, hosting, and producing a digital series for Microsoft in partnership with Accenture, and Avanade, that’s already in its second season with record-breaking global viewership. The program – now renewed for a second season – drives thought leadership via a bi-monthly interactive digital videos aimed at all employees and accessible to the public.
- That your workforce feels a sense of pride, strong corporate culture, and unity, even though many are working remotely, through bite-sized content they receive every week or month.
- To ensure that your brand, including your executives and employees, are positioned as leaders and subject matter experts in their respective industry, role, or area of conversation, by staying current with different weekly/monthly takeaways.
- That your employees and the public understand how your company is facing constant disruption, hybrid work, diversity and inclusion, and using technology to communicate, create community and help them maximize their full potential.
Other examples and clients include:
- Social media series for Bank of America.
- Ford virtual videos to promote the stories of small business owners that have been helped by the automotive company.
- CDC social media campaign for healthcare, composed of videos for Instagram reels and TikTok.